Uses of make sense

WriteTrendy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Make sense" is a common phrase used to indicate that something is logical or understandable. Here are some examples of how the phrase "make sense" can be used in different contexts:

1. Explanation: When someone is explaining a concept or idea, you might ask if it "makes sense" to ensure that you've understood what they're saying. Example: "Can you explain that again? I'm not sure if it makes sense to me."
  2. Decision-making: When you're trying to make a decision, you might consider if a particular option "makes sense" given the circumstances. Example: "We need to decide whether to invest in this project. Does it make sense financially?"
  3. Evaluation: When assessing a situation, you might consider whether the facts and information presented "make sense" or are consistent with each other. Example: "I'm not sure this report makes sense. The data seems to contradict itself."
  4. Clarity: When communicating with others, you might use the phrase "make sense" to confirm that they understand what you're saying. Example: "I'm sorry if I wasn't clear earlier. Does everything I'm saying make sense now?"
  5. Common Sense: The phrase "make sense" can also be used to refer to something that is reasonable or intuitive. Example: "It makes sense to wear a coat when it's cold outside."