WriteTrendy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
IMG_2927.jpeg

How to Avoid Having Your Google Account Deleted
Google has a policy of deleting inactive accounts after two years of no activity. This means that if you don't sign in to your Google account for two years, all of your data will be deleted, including your email, files, contacts, and settings.
There are a few things you can do to avoid having your Google account deleted:
  • Sign in to your account regularly. The best way to keep your account active is to sign in to it at least once every two years. You can do this from any computer or mobile device.
  • Use your Google account for something. If you don't use your Google account for anything, it's more likely to be deleted. So, make sure you're using it for something, even if it's just to check your email once a week.
  • Set up a recovery email address. If you ever forget your password or your account is hacked, you can use a recovery email address to reset your password or regain access to your account.
  • Enable two-factor authentication. Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of security to your account by requiring you to enter a code from your phone in addition to your password when you sign in. This makes it much more difficult for someone to hack into your account.
By following these tips, you can help keep your Google account active and avoid having it deleted.
Additional tips:
  • If you have a lot of data in your Google account, you can export it so that you can keep it even if your account is deleted. To do this, go to My Account > Data & privacy > Download, delete, or make a plan for your data > Download your data.
  • If you're concerned about losing access to your Google account, you can set up a legacy contact. A legacy contact is someone who will be able to access your account and download your data if you die or become incapacitated. To set up a legacy contact, go to My Account > Security > Advanced settings > Manage your legacy contacts.
I hope this helps!

Sources​

1. postsbay.com/how-to-browse-the-internet-securely/
  2. www.bayshore.net/blog/