Cristiano Ronaldo hails 'unbelievable achievement' of reaching 200 Portugal caps

WriteTrendy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
CR7.jpg

Cristiano Ronaldo hails 'unbelievable achievement' of reaching 200 Portugal caps
Cristiano Ronaldo hailed his "unbelievable achievement" of reaching 200 caps for Portugal after coming off the bench to score in a 2-0 win over the Republic of Ireland in the UEFA Nations League on Wednesday.
The 37-year-old became the first men's player to reach the milestone, and he is now the all-time record goalscorer for his country with 123 goals.
"It's an unbelievable achievement," Ronaldo said after the match. "I'm so proud to have reached this milestone with Portugal. It's a dream come true."
Ronaldo made his international debut for Portugal in 2003, winning 19 major trophies with the national team, including the European Championship in 2016.
He is also the only player to have scored in all five major European international tournaments.
"I'm so grateful for all the support I've received from the fans over the years," Ronaldo said. "I wouldn't be here without them."
Ronaldo's 200th cap was a special occasion, and his teammates gave him a guard of honor before the match.
He came off the bench in the second half and scored the game's second goal to seal Portugal's victory.
"It was a great feeling to score on my 200th cap," Ronaldo said. "I'm so happy for the team and for the fans."
Ronaldo's achievement is all the more remarkable given that he has played for some of the biggest clubs in the world, including Sporting Lisbon, Manchester United, Real Madrid, and Juventus.
He has won the Ballon d'Or five times and is widely considered one of the greatest footballers of all time.
"I'm so proud of everything I've achieved in my career," Ronaldo said. "I'm not finished yet, though. I want to keep winning trophies with Portugal."
Ronaldo's 200th cap is a testament to his longevity and his incredible talent. He is a true legend of the game and will be remembered as one of the greatest players ever to play the game.
Ronaldo's 200th cap: A Look at the Numbers
  • Ronaldo is the first men's player to reach 200 caps for their country.
  • He has scored 123 goals in his 200 appearances for Portugal.
  • He is the all-time record goalscorer for Portugal.
  • He won 19 major trophies with Portugal, including the European Championship 2016.
  • He is the only player to have scored in all five major European international tournaments.
What's next for Ronaldo?
Ronaldo is showing no signs of slowing down, and he will be looking to add to his tally of caps and goals for Portugal in the years to come.
He will also be hoping to win more trophies with Portugal, including the World Cup in 2022.
Ronaldo is a true legend of the game and will be remembered as one of the greatest players ever to play the game.