10 contractions - Group 03

Here are 10 more contractions with an advanced level of complexity: (G03)

1. "Shouldn't've" - This is a contraction of "should not have". It is used to represent the negative form of the past tense of the modal verb "should" followed by the auxiliary verb "have". For example, "You shouldn't've eaten that last piece of cake".

2. "Wouldn't"ve" - This is a contraction of "would not have". It is used to represent the negative form of the past tense of the modal verb "would" followed by the auxiliary verb "have". For example, "I wouldn't've made it through the project without your help".

3. "Mustn't" - This is a contraction of "must not". It is used to represent the negative form of the modal verb "must". For example, "You mustn't forget to turn off the lights before leaving".

4. "O'Clock" - This is a contraction of "of the clock". It is used to represent the time of day in hours, often used in spoken English. For example, "Let's meet at 2 o'clock".

5. "Gonna" - This is a contraction of "going to". It is used in informal speech to represent the future tense of the verb "go". For example, "I'm gonna go to the gym later".

6. "Hafta" - This is a contraction of "haveto". It is used in informal speech to represent the obligation or necessity of performing an action. For example, "I hafta finish this report by tomorrow".

7. "Wanna" - This is a contraction of "want to". It is used in informal speech to represent the desire or intention to perform an action. For example, "I wanna go to the beach this weekend".

8. "Y'all" - This is a contraction of "you all". It is a regional contraction commonly used in the Southern United States to represent the second person plural subject pronoun. For example, "Y'all are invited to the party".

9. "I'd've" - This is a contraction of "I would have". It is used to represent the past conditional form of the first person singular subject pronoun "I" followed by the auxiliary verb "would" and the auxiliary verb "have". For example, "I'd've gone to the concert if I hadn't been sick".

10. "He'd've" - This is a contraction of "he would have". It is used to represent the past conditional form of the third person singular subject pronoun "he" followed by the auxiliary verb "would" and the auxiliary verb "have". For example, "He'd've been late for the meeting if I hadn't reminded him".